This replay consisted of 98 regular season games with two playoff games for an even 100 games. Mark began this replay on November 26, 2005 and finished it on November 18, 2006.
- APBA Master Football Game
- Fletch67 Defensive system on neutral downs, my own single die system on obvious passing/running downs.
- Team Forced Fumble/Fumble Recovery/Interception/Sack ratings which I calculated for each team.
- Added new ratings to receivers to reflect YPC. This should help differentiate the Homer Jones’ of the world vs the Monte Stickles of the world. Briefly the rating will look like this M 2-8 (+9), on any pass play short or medium read the yardage on the Medium Pass Play Boards for results 2-8 (use the called pass play for everything else PLUS add 9 yards to every reception).
- Floating Index Table (roll just before each offensive possession).
- Limit receivers/runners to their actual long runs on penalties and fumble identifiers (I hate when guys go for 88 yard runs/receptions on a 66 under F39 on the Identifier Boards).
- No limit to “Trick Plays”, I’ve calculated the percentage of “Tricks” a team ran during the season relative to their total plays from scrimmage, and use a dice roll to trigger. If the defensive team rolls an 11, 22,33,44,55 or 66 they are in “Trick Play” defense and blow up the play.
- Roll 5 dice (yeah it sound crazy), 2 for the play result, 2 to ID if a trick play and one to determine which quarter I look up the result in (don’t particularly like the 1st/3rd, 2nd/4th Q system, since it can lead to APBA Ball).
- Starting QB’s will be determined based on real life as played.
- Calculated locators for kick and punt returners to get an accurate distribution of returns.
- Created special team rosters.
I highly recommend taking the time to read and enjoy his game summaries from this season http://forums.delphiforums.com/apbabtl/messages?msg=20216.1. He brings this season to life and I promise you won’t be disappointed.