Entering the final week of the season, the divisional champions are as follows:
- The New York Giants won the East.
- If Philadelphia and New York end season with identical records, New York won both Head-to-Head matchups against Philadelphia.
- The Green Bay Packers won the North.
- New Orleans Saints can win the division with a win AND an Atlanta loss.
- Atlanta Falcons wins division with a win OR identical records.
- Atlanta has better winning percentage against division opponents.
- San Francisco 49ers won the West.
The top 4 seeds will be determined as follows:
- San Francisco will be the first seed with a WIN OR Green Bay loss.
- Green Bay will be the first seed with a WIN AND San Francisco loss.
- Green Bay owns strength of schedule tie breaker
- The #2 seed will be the either San Francisco or Green Bay.
- The #3 seed will be the winner of the NFC South
- The #4 seed is the New York Giants
Wildcard slots 5 and 6 will be determined as follows:
- If Atlanta wins NFC South, New Orleans would be the fifth seed since they won their Head-to-Head matchup against Detroit. Detroit would be the sixth seed.
- If New Orleans wins NFC South, Detroit would be the fifth seed since they won their Head-to-Head matchup against Atlanta. Atlanta would be the sixth seed.